10.2.09

Goals


Today I was really thinking about the importance of goal-setting, and how it can make or break a person in terms of growth, progression, and success. I need to make a new list of goals, short-term and long-term so that I have something solid to aim for. I've been working so hard these past few weeks on all of my mixtapes and collaborative projects with other artists, that I've lost sight of my 'real life' goals!

I guess it's about that time I do some self evaluating and assess where I'm really trying to go at this point.

I'm very proud of how far I've come in the unsigned industry, but of course my personal life has definitely had its valleys. I'm ready to succeed in every area of my life and experience growth and maturity in more than just my artistry.

I would love to take more control over my health and physical well-being, I'd love to really get a hold on my finances and start planning for my future, and of course I'd love for my romantic life to spark up a little more (LOL love ya babe). There's so much to be done and I feel like I've just let my music and artistry take complete control over my life. Sometimes I forget that there are other areas in my personal life that need attention too, like my relationships whether it be with family, friends, or the boyfriend.


Today is Big L and my 3 month anniversary, WOO HOO lol. He is great, and I'm happy with how things are going. It's cool to have someone who is independent and doing their own thing...I love that he lets me do me and is supportive of my hustle in the music industry. Our relationship is very low-key and very private, which I prefer. So, don't be mad that you don't know all the juicy details. Just know that I am happy, taking things nice and easy, and am in no rush for any sort of serious comittment.

Hmm what else?

Nothing much else. New music is coming, definitely stay updated with the myspace for little snippets of The Dream Sequence.

Oh yeah, I got to visit my new house this evening. It is so pretty and shiny and clean and NEW. I love it. Can't wait for the big move on Saturday. Packing has been hell but it's all good. I'm just ready for a fresh start. I will take pix on Saturday for you guys.

Stay true to you and be blessed in all you do!




No comments: