8.1.09

Inspired


Hello :-) hope all is good. After being home and getting back into my usual routine...I've discovered that this new music of mine is really stemming from a new attitude, based off of an old perspective. I'm changing and it feels wonderful. It's a good thing when a person is able to grow and develop without all the nasty side effects. I'm the same person, but listening through the completed half of my debut cd GENUINE has me like ''whaaa'' lol do I really think like this now? Man, that's maturity!

Anyway. I definitely wanna get started on my video blog. I haven't made an acappella video in a while and I've been inspired by this beautiful vocalist Leah LaBelle (most definitely YouTube her). My cousin Mel sent me one of her videos through AIM and I was almost in tears after seeing all of her emotion come through in her rendition of Ready For Love by Inda.Arie. Man, I need to work on letting my raw emotions shine through in my music. I spend so much time creating lyrics that reflect genuine emotions that sometimes it gets exhausting to do that AND to bring it all in the song. I've been through a lot and I could definitely relate to the pain and true feeling coming from Ms. LaBelle in her videos. She is one to look out for.

Here is one of her inspiring videos, so you can see what I mean:




Beautiful, right? Man, I wanna be like her lol.

But anyway. If anyone has any other inspiring videos from artists such as Leah, definitely send me something because I use inspiration from all around me, including other artists. I want to be knowledgeable in all different styles and technicalities.

Well I am out, not much else to say for now. Be back soon. Mwuah.

No comments: